Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weekly Update: 15 Weeks

How far along: 15 weeks!

How Am I Feeling?: I've had a headache for a week. :(

Mood: Happy, excited.

Clothes: Half and half. I need more maternity shirts since I actually look pregnant in those as opposed to just looking fat in my regular shirts.

Sleep: I seem to be sleeping better through the night.

Appetite: Always, always, always hungry. Except for last night when I apparently forgot to eat dinner.

Cravings: Fish fry. We're going tomorrow and I'm so psyched!

Gender Predictions: GAH! I just don't know anymore!

Best Moment This Week: I guess my week was pretty uneventful.

What I Miss: I miss eating a big dinner and actually feeling full. I feel like I haven't been able to eat enough all week.

What I am Looking Forward To: Feeling the baby. I really can't wait!!!

Milestones This Week: none

How Big is Baby?: According to The Bump, the baby is the size of a naval orange.

Your Baby - 15 Weeks Pregnant
Rapid growth of your baby continues at this point. The skin is very thin and you can see the blood vessels clearly underneath. The scalp hair pattern is developing while fine hair (called lanugo) covers the baby's body. Your baby is approximately 12-14 cm (3.7 to 4.1 inches) and weighs about 50 grams (1.75 to 2 ounces). Your baby's taste buds already look like a mature adult's and doctors have learned that the amniotic fluid that surrounds it can smell strongly of curry, cumin, garlic, onion and other essences from a mother's diet. Your baby's bones continue to harden and retain calcium very rapidly. At this point in the pregnancy the placenta will begin to take on the job of hormone production to sustain the pregnancy, which was the job of your ovaries up to this point. Your baby's eyelids are now firmly shut, and will stay closed until the third trimester.


2 comments:

  1. Curry? Looks like it's time for Ambar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have you tried to help alleviate your headaches?

    ReplyDelete